Ongmac Trading Pty Ltd, ACN 003567397, also trading as Ongmac Motorcycle Centre and Ongmac Trading, (“Ongmac Trading Pty Ltd”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal and credit information (information). In handling your credit information, we are bound by, and comply with, the Privacy Act 1988, the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (Code).
1. Collection and storage of personal & credit-related information
Purposes for which Ongmac Trading Pty Ltd may collect, hold, use and disclose your credit-related information
Ongmac Trading Pty Ltd may collect, hold, use and disclose your credit information and credit eligibility information as reasonably necessary for its business purposes and as permitted by law. These purposes include:
- respond to your enquiries about our products, finance products or insurances we can source for you
- assist you with your finance and Insurance application from the sources available to us
- provide customer support, promote our products,
- promote finance/insurance products that we can source for you
- manage any business arrangements under which we provide or receive goods or services and for applying and managing information of a credit account
- to assess an application by you, or an entity associated with you, for credit (including assessing any proposed guarantors);
- to participate in the credit reporting system and providing information to CRBs as permitted by Part IIIA of the Privacy Act and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (CR Code);
- to assist you if we consider that you may be at risk of defaulting on your credit-related obligations;
- to undertake debt recovery and enforcement activities, including in relation to guarantors, and to deal with serious credit infringements;
- to meet our legal and regulatory requirements (such as reporting matters to regulators or enforcement bodies when authorised or required by law);
- to deal with complaints and legal proceedings;
- To derive scores, ratings and other information relating to your credit worthiness which are used in our decision-making processes; and to assist other credit providers to do the same.
- We also use the information we collect to: develop new products, policies and procedures and undertake market research
The information we collect may include personal identification, contact details, financial information, lending and default history, banking details, personal and trade references and employment or business history, depending on the relationship you wish to have with us. If you choose not to provide this information, our ability to assist you may be restricted.
Wherever possible, we will collect your information directly from you should you wish to apply for finance. We may obtain personal information about you from a third party, such as your accountant or a credit reporting body, for a particular purpose. Wherever possible we will tell you who we need to contact and why.
We may also collect information from you if you choose to use our website to communicate with us. We will collect the information you provide when you fill out a product or service application form, or over the telephone, or through our interactive facilities such as customer enquiry, customer rebate forms, or comment forms.
In some circumstances, brokers, dealers, accountants, referees, external dispute resolution schemes, your agents and government bodies may provide us with your information. The circumstances in which third parties provide us with information include purchase or service requirements, employment or finance applications, account management and complaints.
We take steps to protect any information we collect so it will be safeguarded from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, use, disclosure or modification.
The law may require us to retain your personal information for a period of time after our business dealings have finished. It is securely stored and disposed of, or de-identified, when no longer required.
2. Website information collection
When you visit our website, our ISP host records a range of information, including your server address, domain name, the date and time of the visit and the pages viewed. This information may be collected by using cookies which is data sent to your web browser. This allows our site to interact more efficiently with your computer.
When visiting our site, you will not be required to provide us with any personal information unless you request information about our products, equipment or finance or respond to a promotion. If you do, we will ask you to provide contact details along with other information required to respond to your contact with us.
We may also retain that information provided for product planning purposes. It may also be used for direct marketing purposes unless you tell us you do not wish to receive marketing material.
3. Use and disclosure
We use your information to provide you with quality service, products and the finance you require, consider your suitability to be a guarantor and perform other functions and activities associated with managing our relationship.
Those functions and activities can include our internal administration, credit assessment, account management, product or service development, compliance audits/reviews, marketing, complaints management, planning and research requirements as well as future offers of products, finance & insurance to you.
Where you, as an individual, apply for finance with us, or agree to act as a guarantor, you authorise how we may collect, use and disclose your personal and credit information in the Privacy Statement and Consent that we ask you to sign before we consider your application for credit or to be a guarantor.
We will disclose your information to third parties only as the Privacy Act permits and where there is a valid reason to do so. All third parties must use your information only for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Third parties may include:
– Employees, contractors, auditors and advisers
– Credit reporting bodies (CRB)
– Service providers and our Suppliers (e.g. computer systems consultants, document custodians, mailing houses etc.) to enable them to perform those services, including our Service Providers and our Suppliers as per their individual Privacy Statements.
– Your agents, where required
– Insurers, insurance brokers and insurance assessors
– Debt collection agencies
– Referees, where authorised
– Companies to which we are related
– Government authorities and law enforcement agencies, as required by law only.
We may also provide your information to, and receive your information from, a credit reporting body (CRB). We may:
Disclose your information to Veda Advantage Information Services & Solutions Ltd and Dun & Bradstreet (Australia) Pty Ltd, credit reporting bodies for credit assessment or collections purposes.
Use information provided by the CRB for credit assessment or collections purposes, including:
– Your name, address and date of birth
– Current and previous credit account history
– Default history
– Any court proceedings – summons, judgement and Bankruptcy actions
– Serious credit infringements history, covering fraudulently obtaining, or attempting to obtain finance or shown an intention to avoid repayment obligations
– Notify the CRB of any overdue payments, provided they are more than 60 days overdue, we have attempted to collect the payment and we have notified you of our intention to do so
– Notify the CRB of a serious credit infringement if we have reasonable grounds to believe you fraudulently obtained, or attempted to obtain, credit from us or that you have shown an intention to evade your obligations under the contract with us
– We will only do this if we have not been able to contact you over a 6 month period
– Ask the CRB to assess your eligibility to receive direct marketing material from us
Any information shared with, or by, a CRB is held in electronic form, trackable through the CRB or our systems by time, date, account and user.
Where information is provided to our Service Providers and Suppliers both within Australia and overseas, we require them to comply with our information management policies and procedures so your information has the same protections as if managed in Australia and as per their individual Privacy Statements (which can be viewed by following the links attached).
4. Information Access
You can access the personal and/or credit information we hold about you by contacting us in any of the ways shown in (6) below.
You can also access the information the CRB holds about you by contacting them for a copy of that information at:
Veda Advantage Information Services & Solutions Ltd
Postal Address: PO Box 964, North Sydney NSW 2059
If any information is incorrect, out of date or incomplete, you have the right to have that information updated and corrected. If, for any valid reason, we refuse to correct your information, we will explain why.
5. Complaints and Concerns
Please contact us if you have any complaints or queries about how we manage your information or you no longer wish to receive marketing materials. You can contact us by mail, phone or email, as listed in (6) below.
If you lodge a complaint, our Internal Dispute Resolution Team will investigate your complaint. We will commence the investigation within 2 business days and provide you with a response within 14 business days. We will seek your agreement to a longer time if it is needed. We will keep you informed of the investigation process by phone or email at least once a week and provide you with a written response to your complaint within 30 days.
If you do not accept our response, you may take the compliant to our External Dispute Resolution Scheme. Credit Ombudsman Service Limited, contact details are:
Postal Address: PO Box A252, Sydney South NSW 1235
Phone: 1800 138 422
Fax: 02 9273 8445